Wednesday, April 17, 2013

So You Think You Know Network Marketing?

I have recently released my newest book, "We Create Millionaires: 20 Steps to Network Marketing" to guide those in the network marketing industry to success. However, I think it's important to let those considering joining a network marketing company, or MLM as they are commonly known, as well as the skeptics understand the real value of network marketing.

I will begin by honestly saying that this is an industry that is open to anyone who is capable of communicating with another human being. While many people complicate network marketing, it really is that simple: you just have to communicate with people. The secret in being successful in any company starts with choosing the right one.

My first mistake as a new network marketer was primarily choosing the wrong company. Now, I am not saying I chose a "bad" company - I simply chose the wrong one for me. It may be perfect for you. In order to avoid influencing you, I will not name the names of the company, however I will mention their products / services.

The first company I was presented with had to do with selling coffee. (No matter what anyone tells you, EVERY network marketing company has to do with selling - that's the point!) I will be honest - I was sold on it. When people around me told me it was not the right company for me, I got a bit angry, trying to defend my choice. However, I soon had to face the facts - I just spent $1,300 on coffee and was begging people to buy it from me - wrong company for me!

The next company I was introduced to, I was more weary of due to my recent experience. However, I was definitely intrigued. I did my research on the people behind the company, signed up and have seen positive results quite quickly. Before I go any further, let me define "research". Google-ing something without paying attention to the source of information is NOT research. Reading stories of people who have invested into the company, did nothing and are now bitter is NOT research. Hearing from people that are in the company and are telling you they are successful isn't research anyway, don't get me wrong. Dig deeper, find out the foundation of the company such as the founders, their revenue, growth, compensation plan, relationships with vendors, etc. THAT is research.

Another important factor to notice is your preference of product-based companies vs. service-based. My preference is service-based simply because I see residual income from it, whereas product-based companies depend on whether your customer will purchase your product every month. However, it is up to you.

If you are a fitness-guru and have been introduced to a company that sells nutritional products that you like and have worked for you - that is probably a great company for you. (Just don't forget the research). Today, there are many companies with various products and services. You can definitely find the right one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment